Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thank You Glenn Greenwald

I thought it was just the hangover.

I woke up Sunday morning, mind full of cotton balls, and my breath smelling like a septic tank, turned on NBC for my usual Sunday morning news shows, and Chris Matthews is on. They get to discussing the possibility that Karl Rove might be dragged in front of Congress to testify regarding the US Attorney scandal, and every member of the round table gives the most cavalier responses possible. As Greenwald says:

"Here are several of our media elites from our nation's most influential journalistic outlets -- including from Time, U.S. News & World Report, The New York Times, and NBC News -- all sitting around on the Chris Matthews Show giggling for three and a half minutes straight about the silly U.S. attorneys scandal. The whole thing is just a fun game for them, and it's absurd to them that anyone could take things like this seriously.


And what is most notable is that they express outrage at one part, and one part only, of this whole story -- namely, they are furious over the fact that the foolish, unfair Democrats would even dare to try to force Karl Rove to testify. Why, firing U.S. attorneys and lying to Congress and the country about it is all fair game, but that -- trying to get Rove to answer questions -- is really beyond the pale."

I mean I expect this stuff from Fox News, and Tony Blankley, but to see the entire table completely trivialize the issue...I thought it was the fuzz in my head. Thanks for the clarification Glenn.

No comments:

LabPixies TV