Saturday, March 31, 2007

Lies and Silence



You know every one was so eager to report the story that Sean Bell shot a Drug Dealer but the MSM was oddly silent when the Dealer denied the story the next day:



Hot potato no more? After the local papers seized on information (leaked by police sources) that a drug dealer claimed that Sean Bell, who was shot by police in November, shot him last summer, the man has come forward to deny he identified Bell as his assailant. Anthony Jeffers told the Daily News, "Here and there I sell drugs in the neighborhood. But I didn't say nothing about Sean Bell. I don't want no trouble with any of this. I called the cops today and told them that."

"But Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Jeffers did tell police that Bell had shot him in a marijuana-dealing turf war. The Times reports the Commissioner as saying "I see no particular relevance to the events of Nov. 25, as far as this report is concerned."

"The Post says Jeffers was arrested "for riding his bike on a Queens sidewalk" on Sunday. Seriously - though cops did want to question him about a robbery as well. But riding his bike on a sidewalk is not against the law a criminal offense, if annoying. Anyway, police sources claim Jeffers said Bell shot him in hopes of getting a deal. Bell's family's lawyer is upset with these attempts to dirty Bell's name. But Detectives' Endowment Association president Michael Palladino told the Times "[the report] give us a little insight into what was going on in Bell’s mind when the officers approached. If you’re not guilty of something, and there’s no gun in the car, then why not stop the car?"

"Jeffers wants to be left alone. He also said, "I don't want nobody in the neighborhood saying I said Sean Bell shot me.""

I bet. Especially since your story was so NOT gangsta. Oh and it was faked. Color me surprised that the News didn't carry this on page 1. Color me even more surprised that the liberal media didn't care.

No comments:

LabPixies TV