Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yet Another Reason Why McCain Shouldn't Be President

Because he takes advice from Bin Laden:

"As you know, I was in Iraq, Jordan, Israel, France and England on my last
visit. And a couple of days ago, as you probably know, an audiotape -- actually
it was last week -- an audiotape was released where bin Laden said, and I have
to quote bin Laden, ... 'the nearest field to support our people in Palestine is
the Iraqi field.' He urged Palestinians and people of Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and
Saudi Arabia to quote 'help in support of their mujahedeen brothers in Iraq,
which is the greatest opportunity and the biggest task.' Now my friends, for the
first time I have seen Osama bin Laden and General Petraeus in agreement, and
that is, the central battleground in the battle against al Qaeda is in Iraq
today. And that's what bin Laden is saying and that's what General Petraeus is
saying and that's what I'm saying, my friends, and my Democrat opponents who
want to pull out of Iraq refuse to understand what's being said and what's
happening, and that is, the central battleground is Iraq in this struggle
against radical Islamic extremism."


Ok, that's above snark and heading into dicky territory, but the fact remains that McCain is pushing an agenda that Bin Laden advocates. I'm not sure if he thinks Laden is doing some reverse psychology thing, "well he wants me to go here, so he probably doesn't want me to go here, so I guess I'll go there" but if that's it McCain's not showing that card. Anyway, I think that kind of nuance is beyond McCain. Instead I think he's rattling his saber in an irresponsible manner, getting so carried away in the machismo of the situation that he's incapable of thinking with his brain. If he did he'd realize that the strategy above is only a trap to keep the public on Laden side, and the more aggressive the US becomes, the more sentiment in the area will fall to radical Islam. MY has more on this here.

No comments:

LabPixies TV