Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The STFU awards

We have a tie for today. First, the father of accused rapist Peter Braunstein who claims that his son contracted an illness by playing bondage games with a former girlfirend:

"If I knew he were a bad person, I'd say, 'Fine.' I'd wash my hands of him," he said. "But when you know your son has done all this because of mental illness, how can you not feel sorry for him? How can you not support him?"

If you follow the same logic than any child who played the robber in "Cops and Robbers" and became a criminal could say they contracted an illness that caused their behavior. This sounds particually weak to me.


Our second award goes to the fans of Paris Hilton who are starting a petition to Gov. Schwarzenegger appealing for clemency. Of course Paris is all about that:

"My friend Joshua started this petition, please help and sihn [sic] it. i LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!"
The holier-than-thou part of me wants to ask Paris' fans where are they cries for the numerous people who suffer as a result of America's draconian drug laws. But I don't need to, obviously they were watching the Simple Life.
STFU!

No comments:

LabPixies TV