Saturday, May 05, 2007

Now What Do I Have to Look Forward To?


Not much and that probably includes Spidey 4. Now that sounds really negative but Spiderman 3 was the best bad movie I've ever seen. From a writing standpoint it was awful. It hit on just about every cliche in the book, the content was way too large for the time, it did an injustice to every villain and totally stomped on its comic book roots. Unlike Grindhouse which reveled in its B-Movie hammyness Spiderman 3 was cheddar cheese disguised as brie.
And yet I LOVED IT! The special effects were awesome, the action sequences were spectacular and while the critical side of me told me to hate the cornball "dark" Peter Parker sections I still laughed. If you're going for Laurence of Arabia then stay home, but if you're looking for a good time at the movies, or a Spidey fan this is the move.
And yes, it's not as good as Spiderman 1 or 2, but it's eons away from some the real comic book duds, like Superman 4 and X-Men 3. Ooooh did those suck.

No comments:

LabPixies TV