Thursday, February 15, 2007

The disfigured Marine

If you've been reading Sully's blog you've seen the wedding pics. I understand why he's showing them, since, graphically, they're a very persusive argument for pulling the troops out. However I feel personally that they're a bit gratutious and even more so, they should be unnecessary as anti-war propoganda. If people don't know that in a WAR people get BLOWN TO BITS then they either they've been living in a cave with the rest of the Bush adminstration or they're just idiots. There have been two reasons why I never joined up with the armed forces. One, I don't like the idea of doing someone else's dirty work. If I'm going to have to kill someone I want the responsiblity to be my own, and I would hope that I would have the courage to stand up, in front of a court, and state my guilt and my reasons for committing that act. The second is fear. Yes, I'm afraid of war. But rather than be ashamed of my fear I embrace it. Fear is what creates civilizations just as much as courage, because blind courage is stupidity and the check against that is fear. I don't want to get my face shot off. I like my arms and my legs. Personally I'm more scared of being disfigured than dead. When you'd dead you're dead, and you're going to die eventually, but to be scarred...there are some things worse than death.

I'm not saying this to say that I'm smart and Marines are stupid. I made my choices just like they made their choices, but what I am saying is that with every decision comes consequences. Just like the decision to lie. Some people would say that whatever happened to that Marine was his own fault, he knew what he was getting into, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've always hated that attitude because it puts the fault on the victim, and let's not mince words, this man is a victim. He's a victim of a lie. I don't trust the government, it's my upbringing and my background. But some people do, and I understand that. But now the government's been caught in a lie. Someone has to take responsiblity for that. Someone has got to pay a price, and that someone has got to be this admistration. For the sake of us all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha, I will experiment my thought, your post give me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Thomas

LabPixies TV