Friday, February 02, 2007

Bush to ask for more money for wars...

From MSNBC.com:

"WASHINGTON - The Bush administration will ask for another $100 billion for military and diplomatic operations in Iraq and Afghanistan this year and seek $145 billion for 2008, a senior administration official said Friday."

Fiscally this is ending up a nightmare. I just realized yesterday how much money the tax man pulls out of my check, and I keep thinking, "But I don't want it to go to the war. I really don't." Yet the GOP is supposed to be the party of so-called "fiscial responsiblity". I think we're discovering that the only difference between the two parties isn't the difference between small and big government but how the respective parties big government would like to spend your money. Personally, I'd rather have universal health coverage and free college tuition than have my well earned money go to eternal war.

No comments:

LabPixies TV