Thursday, March 02, 2006

Just a prediction...

Trolling around the Blogosphere this morning, and I wanted to catch the conservative reporting on the Bush video. As I expected, most sites either ignore the issue all together or brush past it as an opportunity for the "liberal media" to take pot shots at the President.

Andrew Sullivan: (I almost hate listing him as a conservative, and it takes a while to remember that you can disagree with Bush and still be a conservative, if only a moderate conservative, something that the mainstream seems to have forgotten. ) Anyway his assessment of the situation seems perfectly reasonable:

"Four days after the storm, Bush declared "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." He was either lying or had slept through his pre-storm meetings. The latter is possible. The record shows he asked not a single question in the pre-Katrina briefing. Maybe he was miffed his vacation had been spoiled. Michael Brown seems on the ball in comparison."

Now compare that to Glenn Reynolds, at Instapundit:

"WE'RE BACK TO HEARING ABOUT KATRINA, which is a pretty good sign the media is trying to gin up an other anti-Bush swarm ("While the information in the video has been public for months, and was the subject of hearings and reports by Congress and the White House, the footage is giving new life to charges that the administration was detached and unresponsive in the face of one of the nation's worst natural disasters." In other words, there's no news here, but we hope it'll have traction anyway.) "

Oh boy here comes that media again beating up poor GWB. Look, if it's been around for months I can't help that FOX News didn't report it, but don't tell me it's not news. This video is proof that the Bush team straight up LIED about their reaction to Katrina, and when a President lies it's news. Of course you have those who think Nixon caught a raw deal. Things certainally are wonderful on Pluto where these guys are from.

And then there's my sweetie bird, Michelle Malkin who led out with this:

"This story is big here in Denver (where my flight has been canceled this morning...grr): A 16-year-old World Geography student, Sean Allen, taped his Bush-bashing, capitalism-hating high school teacher's screeching diatribe."

I'm sorry, is Denver trapped in a force field that keeps cable, Internet, phone and radio waves from entering? The big story is a Bush-hating teacher who rants? Good grief--then I must be the story of the year in NYC.

I know it's a bit unfair...I mean after all it's noon EST and I'm sure that alot of these guys are still asleep, or reading their Bibles, or writing thank-you letters to James Dobson, but whether you like it or not news is still news and you should at least report it.

MediaMatters.com is going to have a field day.

PS: About that supposed "rant" of the Denver Teacher. I suggest checking it out. Some of the things that the teacher, Jay Bennish, said were a bit over the top (especially about Drugs and Cigarettes) but I think he brings up issues that you should talk about in a 10th grade geography class. Not only that, but when the snitch who leaked the tape asks questions and disagrees with points, the teacher addresses his points and reacts--not stifles and rejects. Hell, I wish I'd had some more teachers like that back when I was in High School. Maybe I would have stayed awake.

No comments:

LabPixies TV