Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I've fallen!!!! And I can't get up!!!!


CBS News Poll shows that Bush's popularity has dropped to 36%, an all time low. The poll also shows that overwhelmingly Americans don't like the way the Bush Cadre handled both the Iraq war and Katrina.

36 percent, and I can't see how it can possibly bounce back. The funny thing was--I was talking to my Dad about this when Bush fell under 50% and my Dad, who's sometimes a bit more long sighted than I am, posed the question, "So what happens when his popularity goes to 40%, 30% , 20%, 12? At what point does a President realize that he's lost the faith of the American people and is forced to leave? Then again would this President leave, or does he have to be impeached? And in a Republican congress that's so out of touch with America, would they impeach him or will they continue to play the delusional role (much like FOX News) that the sky is green, Iraq is calm, and everything is A-ok?

I didn't know then if it would come to that, but it sure looks like it now. I do know one thing. If his popularity dropped down to the point that only his daughters, his mom, and his dog had faith in him, he still wouldn't leave. He's going to stay the course even if it takes him, and us, to hell.

If a President started a Civil War in his own country would they call him the worse President ever? Not FOX News I suppose, they think Civil War is a good thing...

4 comments:

Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

"If a President started a Civil War"

What do you mean if. There may not be any shots fired, no body bags and no IEDs, but there is a war for sure.

Teethwriter said...

I stand corrected.

C. William Boyer said...

I find it interesting to reflect on the dynamics of an ever falling approval rating. It becomes a matter of perception, a la what Jim Harrison said: "Reality is both perceptual and consensual." As Bush become more unpopular, the likelihood of Bush supporters finding like-minded people declines, causing these to occasionally have doubts and fall off the Bush bandwagon and creating a self-actualizing feed-back loop, until he falls below 25% and is extremely vulnerable to a scapegoating impeachment perhaps spearheaded by his own party.

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his required thing, thus he/she wishes to be available that in detail, so
that thing is maintained over here.

Feel free to visit my website ... pirater un compte facebook

LabPixies TV