Monday, February 06, 2006

I dropped the ball on this one...

There was a Feb 2 posting (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/02/islamic-society-of-denmark-used-fake.html) that I really should have blogged sooner. According to Gateway Pundit many of the supposed Islamictoons were made up by certain Danish anti-western Islamic groups, which were circulated during a tour they made in the Middle East. If you study these "cartoons" you'll certainly see that they don't look like actual satire (no, not even Ted Rall have ever gone that far), including one that depicts a man dressed like Mohammad getting raped by a dog.

As the site says, no western news outlet has reviewed the charges, and I certainly can't say I've heard about any of these on any of my regular stations (including the Daily Show). If these charges are true then, at least to me, it sounds like a true case of libel. Freedom of speech does have it own limitations and should this be true then the groups responsible have used these doctored pics to incite violence, and should be indicted by an international tribunal immediately.

No comments:

LabPixies TV