Monday, February 06, 2006

Gun shots ruin Busta video...


This picture (actually taken while Busta was running for his life) was taken yesterday as gunfire rang out during a music video shoot in Brooklyn, NY, killing Busta's bodyguard and sending a 500 person crowd scurrying for their lives.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11199978/

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I just don't get violence and hip-hop. These guys aren't gangsters, they're musicians and poets. Poets. Did you ever hear about beef between Blake and Keats? Langston Hughes and Walt Whitman lickin shots at each other? Or what about the Beatles and The Beach Boys getting into a coast to coast feud? No you didn't, because they, like any real poets or musicians, were too busy having sex with groupies and getting high. Every time I hear about this kinda stuff I wanna shout "my people, my people!" We take one step forward and two steps back. Sigh...

Then again maybe I'm rushing to judgment. After all Busta, among hip-hop artists, is a pretty pacisfist sort. Maybe it didn't have any thing to do with hip-hop at all. With 500 people in a crowd, any psycho with a gun could have gone off their nut and decided to shoot away. My guess though...find out Tipper Gore's alibi. She's had it in for hip-hop for years.

No comments:

LabPixies TV