Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today's Must Read

Sully on the folly of neo-conservatism. Money quote:

"By neoconservative logic, the U.S. has undertaken about the least viable, most intractable, self-defeating task on Planet Earth. Why? Once the WMD rationale was exposed as a delusion, why haven't neoconservatives cited the pathologies of Arab culture to argue for withdrawal?

"I think the answer is that, beneath the surface, they actually believe in American empire - or, at least, the alleged peril of not having an empire - and Iraq is a new staging ground for the empire's fear-driven expansion. By this, I don't mean a literal Brit-style occupation of half the globe. I mean the U.S. having the final say in every region of the world."

And with that I'm done for the day; I really have to get some work done on my novel. If you happen to catch me blogging please feel free to kick me in the neck.

No comments:

LabPixies TV