Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Iraq: A Guide for GI's

No I didn't make it up, the Department of Defense, called the War Department back in 1943, did, and it had such golden nuggets of information such as:
  • NEVER discuss religion or politics or women with Moslems.
  • Don't stare at anyone. Remember the fear of the "evil eye".
  • Knock before entering a private house. If a woman answers, wait until she has had time to retire.
  • If you see grown men walking hand in hand, ignore it. They are not queer.

And my favorite:

  • American success or failure in Iraq may well depend on whether the Iraqis (as the people are called) like American soldiers or not. It may not be quite that simple. But then again it could.

Sully asks, "How did we get so much dumber in fifty years? And, yes, I am not exempting myself from this assessment. I guess we panicked, didn't we?" Gee I guess we did, and guess what, we still are.

No comments:

LabPixies TV