Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bloomy Goes Independent

The Subway Mayor comes out and exposes his true colors:

"NEW YORK - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg left the Republican Party on Tuesday and switched to unaffiliated, a move certain to be seen as a prelude to an independent presidential bid that would upend the 2008 race.

"The billionaire former CEO, who was a lifelong Democrat before he switched to the Republican Party in 2001 for his first mayoral run, said the change in his voter registration does not mean he is running for president.

"Although my plans for the future haven't changed, I believe this brings my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our city," Bloomberg said."

Yeah, and if you believe that you probably aren't as smart as Bloomberg. Anyway he wasn't much of a Republican, switching his party when he made his first run for Mayor, so what is Mike Bloomberg really? I think Mike represents a new generation of American voter, birthed from the fires of the Bush administration who don't have time for incompetency and partisan bickering. Mike could just be the future of progressivism. This is a very exciting time, and with so many good politicians in the 2008 hunt, and an opportunity for an all NY election, I am pumped. Am I more pumped for Bloomberg than say, the Transformers? It's pretty close but I'll take Bloomy. But when Heroes starts up again, then all bets are off...

No comments:

LabPixies TV