Friday, April 20, 2007

Maybe I'm the One With Issues...


...but was I the only person who laughed hysterically at Alec Baldwin's phone message to his daughter? Yeah, yeah I know--she's 12 or 11 years old and his tone and words probably were inappropriate, but maybe they weren't. You have no idea what passes for normal in that household. Also, as someone who grew up in Harlem I've seen parents become much more violent with their children, on the streets no less, so maybe I'm a bit numb to some rough yelling. Way I figure there's two sides to it:
From Alec's side: Hey, he seems pissed that he's trying to do his parental thing and his daughter's ignoring him. Wouldn't we be all up in arms if he wasn't trying to keep track his daughter? Isn't that what happened to Drew Barrymore? How about Dana Plato? Todd Bridges and the rest of the Different Strokes cast? Including the Gooch. Sometimes kids need a tight leash.
From the daughter's (Ireland) side: Have you heard her dad? He's a loon and he named his daughter Ireland. That ought to be enough to have her taken away.
My judgement: Who cares as long as 30 Rock is on the air. Funniest show out right now besides the Alberto Gonzalez hearings.

No comments:

LabPixies TV