Thursday, April 13, 2006

Pop Quiz part II


Ok, here's where you get to test you mind. In the picture on the left, the teenager is getting wrestled to the ground by the police because:

a) He's protesting the Iraq war?

b) Protesting against the new legislation against Immigration?

c) Protesting for the new legislation against Immigration?

d) Protesting the corruption in Congress?

e) Protesting the Bush wiretaps?

f) Supporting Sen. Feingold's censure resolution?

g) He's black?

Well if you said any of the above, you're wrong (although if you guessed G I'd be force to give you at least a couple of points). No it turns out that this kid, and four other students were arrested--and another 150 took to the streets of Brooklyn to protest their high schools ban on...sigh...cell phones. Yes, they took to the streets, and pumped their fists in the air, because they can't bring their cell phones to school.

Now I don't mean to sound like Bill Cosby, but this is one of those things that just make me shake my head in profound sadness. In this day and age, with so much turmoil, with so much danger, and suffering...this is what our children are upset about?

Then again who wouldn't want to listen to a ring tone of "Trapped in the Closet" in the middle of their history class? I'm moving to F__king Iceland.

1 comment:

samrocha said...

Hi, I enjoyed your "quiz" on immigration, I think this is a very important dialogue to have and that Bloggers are making the climate very democratic. Feel free to look at some of my posts on the issue at my blog www.debaterelatepontificate.blogspot.com

LabPixies TV