Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not to say that I'm a bad winner...but suck it GOP...

Nancy Pelosi, the new and first female Speaker of the House, called the Democratic victory last night, "A Victory for America." I disagree. Calling this a victory for America is completely subjective. It's like when an athlete says, "God was on our side" after a win. It sounds great to the team who won, but after listening to the Republicans speak those words for the last six odd years they ring shallow. I prefer to think of this not as a victory, not as a referendum on the war, but as Americans of all faiths, cultures, and races getting together to say together, in one voice, "F Bush. F him right in his ear, and while you're at it F Cheney, F Rice, and the rest of your crew."

There's a smile on my face as I write this, but not because the Democrats won. I've mentioned before that I have a problems with the Democratic party, and they have a long ways to go to truly find their ways back into my heart (except for you Obama--I will always love you :) But I'm smiling because Bush lost. Let's not forget that, as it once was about the economy stupid! This election was about Bush dummy! He has everything to lose, and hopefully he will be drained of every drop. I'm not talking about Impeachment--though I'm all for it--but what I am talking about is the pride and arrogance he's shown through out his presidency. The only thing Bush has decided on since he's been in power is that he refuses to work within the confines of the Constitution of the United States, and now that he's been cut down a peg, we'll find out how truly bipartisan he is. Sadly I think that Bush never has, and never will, play well with others.

By the way, everyone seems to have forgotten that the Senate is too close to call. There is still a slight chance that the Dems could take it, and yet, I'm still sticking with my orginal call of Allen holding his seat. Way I figure, he could stomp on Maya Angelou while wearing a Klan outfit, and they would still elect him--"Ain't no way dem city folk gonna tell us who ta vote fo!"

Another side note: Didn't Bill standing in the background of Hillary's victory speech last night look sorta eerie?

What a beautiful day!

No comments:

LabPixies TV