Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Injustice

For the last week now I haven't been blogging, mostly because the news has made me incredibly cynical and when you get as cynical as I am it becomes impossible to do anything but rant.

And it doesn't get any better.

I'd love to be able to sit down and discuss Bush's commuting of Scooter's sentence without foaming at the mouth, but I can't. I simply can't. How much more of this imperial attitude can we as Americans take before our heads simply explode? Of course, it won't really be that way will it? It never really is. Instead we'll fold up our laptops, put down our pens, and step off our soapboxes. Personally I'm exhausted. I have nothing left to say except groans and moans of anguish. If you want more check out Sully's take, and David Boaz (thru Yglesias) reminds us of some people who really need their sentences commuted. As for me, I'm reading Hobbes and weeping.

No comments:

LabPixies TV