Friday, August 04, 2006

Gibson to Israel? Maybe not such a bad idea...

My tenth favorite movie critic (after Rex Reed, the guy that works with Ebert, and my dad) Michael Medved as the interesting idea of sending Mel Gibson to Israel to "atone" for his sins:

"At a time when Israel finds herself isolated as never before, imagine the impact of Gibson announcing a supportive trip to Jerusalem in the company of selected Jewish leaders--- with a reverent, remorseful stop at Auschwitz on the way."

At first I just thought this was dumb, but then I thought about it and now I'm starting to think it's a pretty good idea. First of all, atonement...let's leave that up to the Jews, who are either going to like him again, or won't. As as far as Mel Gibson and I are concerned the only thing I care about is having him do another Lethal Weapon movie. So what I say is he goes there and films another one. This time Gibson and Glover, on assignment to Israel, join two Mossad agents (Robin Williams and George Clooney) to break up and international terrorist organization that's linked to Hezbollah and Hamas. And--here's the best part--at the end of the movie everyone gets blown to bits. Now that's good entertainment and realistic.

No comments:

LabPixies TV